The Statistical Consulting Service consists of researchers within the Department of Veterinary Medicine, and is for researchers in the Department. This service exists to provide statistical, mathematical and computational assistance with any aspect of research, in any capacity – from theses or manuscripts, to grant proposal preparation, including production of figures, tables and other summaries of your data, to experimental design and analysis of your data.
Some of the services available for consulting:
If you have a statistics query you would like some assistance with, please fill out the following form with as much information as possible, and we will arrange for someone to contact you.
We strongly recommend that the consulting process begins before the study starts. This way any potential issues with the statistical analysis can be flagged, and ideally avoided from the outset, and we can ensure that the collected data are able to sufficiently answer your research questions.
If you are unsure as to whether or not we are able to help, please submit a form anyway and we will see what we can do!
When contacting the Veterinary Department Statistical Consulting Service, please note the following:
- All consultants are volunteers, and thus may not always be available to provide assistance.
- While the consulting team consists of a wide range of skilled individuals, we may not have someone with experience pertaining to your problem.
- If no member of the consulting team has been involved in the design or setup of the experiment you wish to be analysed, we may not be able to help.
- We are all friendly and happy to help!
As some tasks may require a substantial amount of work, we recommend the following:
- Get in touch as early as possible to get an idea of the amount of work needed and the availability of consultants,
- If a consultant agrees to take on a job, you should agree on appropriate recognition – that is, proportional to the commitment – such as co-authorship or grant funding.
For any other enquiries (or if the form submission is not working), please email David Price at: firstname.lastname@example.org