Guidance and Procedure for Visitors to the Department
Who & Why?
You must complete a visitor form for any person visiting the Department for one whole day or more, for any reason. The Head of Department maintains a register of visitor forms for insurance and immigration purposes.
Any person coming to the Department for a shorter period (e.g. for a meeting) should sign in at reception. However, if the person is a non-EU national, completion of a visitor form may be required, even if the visit to the Department is for part of a day only (see below for who to ask about this).
We need to receive notification of a visitor at least 10 days - and preferably two weeks - before the person arrives in the Department.
This advance notification is important so that we have time to check the visitor's status, particularly where immigration status and veterinary qualifications are concerned.
What to do
1. Download the appropriate application form from here:
2. Send the completed application and all relevant documents to: email@example.com (this goes to Fiona Roby and Judith Drinkwater).
3. Remember to attach the following documents:
- Photo of the visitor
- Copy of personal details page of passport
- Copy of page of passport showing entry clearance (visa) – if relevant
- MRCVS registration number if applicable
The application form will then go to the Head of Department or Senior Administrator for approval and the details of the visitor will be registered on the Visitor database.
Who to ask
Fiona Roby or Judith Drinkwater will be pleased to answer any queries.