We are privileged to welcome two excellent speakers to VetEd 2015:
- Dr Rachel Morris, Assistant Director of Studies and Professionalism Strand Co-ordinator, School of Clinical Medicine, Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge, who will talk on assessment literacy
- Dr Liz Mossop, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Nottingham who will talk on student engagement in the veterinary curriculum.
The symposium will open with a welcome from Professor James Wood, Head of Department of Veterinary Medicine, University of Cambridge, and will be closed by Dr. David Good, Director of Education in the School of Biological Sciences, University of Cambridge.
Interactive poster sessions
We will continue the format of previous years’ poster sessions which provide an interactive and stimulating way to share experiences, innovations, research, work in progress and ideas:
- Posters will be projected in a lecture theatre
- Presenters will have 3 minutes to talk around the subject, followed by a few minutes for questions
- Posters will be displayed at the symposium venue (for easier transport, please print posters A2 (594mm x 420 mm) portrait; please note, there are no printing facilities on site)
Parallel workshop sessions will run on both days of the symposium. Workshops run for 90 minutes and provide a great opportunity for discussion of topical issues, sharing experiences and developing new skills. The format of workshops will vary, but typically involves an introduction followed by a discussion or group activities.