skip to primary navigationskip to content

Special word about students with visas

The University is now asked to advise the UK Borders Agency if any student with a visa goes missing unexpectedly for more than ten days. The University has set up a Points Based Immigration Office to deal with this (contact Catherine Fage at the Board of Graduate Studies).  If your student with a visa goes missing for more than one week please let the Postgradate Office (Meg Staff) know.

Students doing PhD’s are required to report to their colleges to have their documents checked at the start and end of every term. Students doing MPhils have in addition to report to the Graduate Office in mid term and at the end of their course.

Students whose pre-existing visas are lapsing will now need ATAS clearance in order to get visa renewal.


Mike Herrtage and Julie Sales completed their 250-mile cycle ride from London to Paris raising money for CAMVET. They have raised more than £6500 so far, which will gotowards equipping the new Clinical Skills Lab. The hardest part was the 17% ascent of Bexley Hill, the best part was cycling down the Champs Elysees despite Julie doing this with her fifth puncture!

Research into the control of CTVT

Dr Elizabeth Murchison and Andrea Strakova publishes their latest research into the control of CTVT.

Read more..