- 1017 dogs participated in our study! 01/03/2017
- Filming Day (Channel 4) - Film for Crufts 2017: Interview with Iwan Thomas and his French bulldog, Frank. 28/02/2017
- Congratulations! Our MPhil student Hattie Wright passed her MPhil viva successfully! 23/02/2017
- Filming Day (The kennel Club) - BOAS education film. 09/02/2017
- New paper published on the Veterinary Surgery! 02/02/2017
- Brachycephalic breeds working group meeting at the Kennel Club. 18/01/2017
- Congratulations! Our PhD student Nai-Chieh Liu passed her PhD viva successfully! 20/12/2016
23 Nov 2016 Our MPhil student Eileen Troconis passed her viva successfully!
02 Aug 2016 New article published on The Conversation: "How to save inbred, short-faced dogs such as pugs and bulldogs from poor health". Full article can be found: https://theconversation.com/how-to-save-inbred-short-faced-dogs-such-as-pugs-and-bulldogs-from-poor-health-63341
27 Jul 2016 David, Jane, and Nai-Chieh attended the Brachycephalic Breeds Working Group meeting at the Kennel Club
18 Jul 2016 Jane Ladlow was interviewed by the Naked Scientists, chatting about the problem with pedigree dogs. http://www.thenakedscientists.com/HTML/interviews/interview/1001927/
01 Jul 2016 Brigitta Kara joined our group as a summer student working on audio signal analysis
25 Jun 2016 Nai-Chieh Liu won the Zoetis Clinical Research Award!
20 Mar 2016 BOAS testing at the Pennine and Scottish French Bulldog Association Dog Show. 24 French bulldogs were tested :) Big thanks to Mrs Mavro-Michaelis for arranging the testing!
27 Feb 2016 Presentation at the Brachycephalic Conference held by the Swedish Kennel. Dr David Sargan presented our published study and on-going work on genetic basis of BOAS.
15 Dec 2015 BOAS testing at the Finstar Kennels, big thanks to Abigail!
15 Nov 2015 BOAS testing at the FBCE End of the Year Party. 11 French bulldogs were tested!
08 Nov 2015 BOAS testing at the Bulldog Show in Willenhall held by the Birmingham and Midland Counties Bulldog Club
17 Oct 2015 BOAS testing at the Bulldog Show in Willenhall held by the Junior Bulldog Breed Club
02-04 Jul 2015 Nai-Chieh Liu presented an abstract at ECVS annual meeting. "Using whole-body barometric plethysmography to evaluate the effectiveness of upper airway surgery for brachycephalic obstructive airway syndrome in French bulldogs"
13 Jun 2015 BOAS testing at the Unbenched Single Breed Open Show (Yorkshire Bulldog Club)
31 May 2015 BOAS testing at the bulldog show (Manchester and Counties Bulldog Club)
(to be documented)