skip to primary navigationskip to content

Booking travel

For all travel on University business (with the exception of rail tickets to London): please download and complete the Travel Requisition Form and email to .

Please allow at least two weeks to complete the process of getting quotes and raising the purchase order.

Please remember to arrange travel insurance where appropriate -

Risk Assessments:

All travel away from Cambridge for work purposes must now be Risk Assessed or registered with the department.  This is for travel in the UK, Europe and the rest of the World, no matter how short or what purpose the trip.  The policy and guidance applies to all staff and research students.  Risk Assessments must also be in place to have valid travel insurance through the University insurer.

Forms should be filled in by the person travelling and then checked by their line manager, PI or supervisor.  Low risk travel can be registered using the electronic form (note you must be logged into G Suite through your @cam account with raven password)

For standard and elevated risk travel the appropriate risk assesment form should be completed and then an electronic copy should be submitted to Barbara Blacklaws as DSO.  Note that any elevated level risk assessments must be submitted more than 60 days in advance of travel so that they can be considered by the Safety Office (staff) or the Study Away Risk Assessment Committee (students).

Please read the University guidance notes on and use this flow diagram to help you decide which form to use.

Also see here for  UK Government Foreign travel advice

Links to forms: