skip to content

Department of Veterinary Medicine

Cambridge Veterinary School

Helpful documents:


Process for booking travel:

  • For all travel on University business (with the exception of rail tickets to London): please download and complete the Travel Requisition Form  File travel_booking_form_2021.xlsx and email to .
  • Please allow at least two weeks to complete the process of getting quotes and raising the purchase order.
  • Request must be accompanied by the appropriate risk assessment (see below)


Travel Insurance:

Please remember to arrange travel insurance where appropriate: (Link to University info here)

Link to register travel with insurer here:  

If you have not used the service before you will need to register an account, please follow the information on the link.

Click here for Insurance FAQs


Risk Assessments:

All travel away from Cambridge for work purposes must now be Risk Assessed or registered with the department.  This is for travel in the UK, Europe and the rest of the World, no matter how short or what purpose the trip.  The policy and guidance applies to all staff and research students.  Risk Assessments must also be in place to have valid travel insurance through the University insurer.

Forms should be filled in by the person travelling and then checked by their line manager, PI or supervisor. 

For standard and elevated risk travel the appropriate risk assessment form should be completed and then an electronic copy should be submitted to Barbara Blacklaws as DSO.  Note that any elevated level risk assessments must be submitted more than 60 days in advance of travel so that they can be considered by the Safety Office (staff) or the Study Away Risk Assessment Committee (students).

Please read the University guidance notes on and use this flow diagram to help you decide which form to use.

Also see here for  UK Government Foreign travel advice

Links to forms: